Share Top 10 | Every year a batch of new actors steps into the limelight, waiting to get their break and snag that coveted role that stars like Andrew Garfield, Kristen Stewart and Emma Stone turned down. Now that 2012 is practically
over, it’s time to predict who the big stars of tomorrow will be. We have huge movies like The Hunger Games sequel and Ender’s Game hitting the screen next year, which means that any new actors attached to those franchises is likely to garner a lot of media attention. But there are also a lot of young actors who made a splash this year, and will continue to have success through 2013. So, here are our picks for the Top 10 Young Actors To Watch in 2013.
10. AnnaSophia Robb
- Where You’ve Seen Her: Sleepwalking, Race To Witch Mountain
- What’s Next: The CW’s next big series is The Carrie Diaries, which chronicles the teenage life of Carrie Bradshaw, a role made famous by Sarah Jessica Parker. AnnaSophia Robb has some big shoes to fill, but she’s in good hands. Gossip Girl creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage will be producing the series, and based on their track record, this could mean big things for young Robb.
9. Daniel Bruhl
- You Know Him From: Quentin Tarantino‘s Inglorious Basterds
- What’s Next: Daniel Bruhl is best known for his work in German films, as well as his role as the charming Fredrick Zoller in Inglorious Basterds. In 2013, Bruhl will make a splash in a number of American films, including Ron Howard‘s Rush and A Most Wanted Man, which also stars Rachel McAdams, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Willem Dafoe. He’s also replacing James McAvoy in Bill Condon‘s Wikileaks movie The Man Who Sold The World. There’s big things in store for this German actor.
8. Zoe Kazan
- You Know Him From: Bored To Death, Revolutionary Road, Ruby Sparks
- What’s Next: This year, Zoe Kazan wrote and starred in Ruby Sparks, an indie movie about a writer suffering from writer’s block who conjures up the woman of his dreams. Like the now successful Lena Dunham, Kazan has been nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay. Besides her promising career as a writer, Kazan also has some interesting movies coming up, including The F Word, which stars Daniel Radcliffe. 2013 is looking like good year for Kazan.
7. Brie Larson
- You Know Her From: Greenberg, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, 21 Jump Street
- What’s Next: Next year, Brie Larson will be popping up everywhere. She has a number of movies coming out, including Relanxious with Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis, Squirrel to the Nuts with Owen Wilson, The Spectacular Now with Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Shailene Woodley, and a part in Joseph Gordon-Levitt‘s directorial debut Don Jon’s Addiction. And let’s not forget that she also has a guest starring role on Community. 2013 is going to be a busy year for one Brie Larson.
6. Asa Butterfield
- You Know Her From: The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, Hugo
- What’s Next: Asa Butterfield landed one of the most coveted roles a young actor could hope for – the title character in the long overdue adaptation of the much loved sci-fi novel Ender’s Game, written by Orson Scott Card. Butterfield could be the next Daniel Radcliffe, Robert Pattinson or Josh Hutcherson. If so, he’s in for one hell of ride.
5. Chadwick Boseman
- You Know Him From: Lie To Me, The Express
- What’s Next: Last year, Chadwick Boseman was on this list. But 2012 came and went, and we barely heard of him. That’s because 42, the film in which he stars as legendary baseball player Jackie Robinson, doesn’t hit theaters until Spring 2013. The trailer has already hit the web and looks great. We’re hoping this movie will be the beginning of a beautiful career for this young actor.
4. Liam Hemsworth
- You Know Her From: The Last Song, The Hunger Games
- What’s Next: Liam Hemsworth‘s role in The Hunger Games is almost equivalent to Taylor Lautner‘s in the very first Twilight movie. He was barely seen onscreen, and when we did catch him, he came off as a jealous boyfriend. But in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Hemsworth should play a larger role, and thus become a little more known like his big brother Chris Hemsworth. You know, Thor.
3. Sam Claflin
- You Know Him From: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Snow White and the Huntsman
- What’s Next: After months of speculation and casting predictions, Sam Claflin was named the victor. He landed the coveted role of Finnick Odair in the next Hunger Games movie, set to hit theaters next November. That alone places Claflin among Hollywood’s hottest young actors. But just in case that wasn’t enough to convince you, he also made Forbes’ 30 Under 30 Hollywood list, which includes the likes of Lena Dunham, Chris Colfer, Chloe Moretz and Aziz Ansari.
2. Henry Cavill
- Best Known For: The Tudors, Immortals
- What’s Next: Henry Cavill has been around for a while, but next year he’ll become a household name. Cavill was once called the unluckiest man in Hollywood. He lost out on many roles, including James Bond (to Daniel Craig), Edward Cullen (to Robert Pattinson) and Cedric Diggory (again to Pattinson). But, he finally landed something big. He’ll be playing Superman in Zack Snyder‘s Man of Steel. Seems like it was worth the wait, no?
1. Rebel Wilson
- You Know Her From: Bridesmaids, Pitch Perfect
- What’s Next: Rebel Wilson has a big, big year ahead of her. Not only will she be hosting the MTV Movie Awards next April, but she’s working on her very own comedy series called Super Fun Night, à la Lena Dunham and Mindy Kaling. She’s also co-starring in Michael Bay‘s next movie Pain & Gain. And like Claflin was named one Forbes’ brightest actors under 30.